A Salmon Super-Highway
Our proximity to the outside ocean waters gives anglers access to the heaviest traffic on the West Coast salmon highway. Aggressively feeding kings migrating back to the lower 48, British Columbia and Alaska swarm in large feeding schools providing consistent and often frantic action. During the months from May thru September, we have hordes of either king and/or silver salmon swimming off our coast as they stop to feed on their journey to natal streams.
Salmon & Halibut in the SAME DAY
When you fish with AU, you don’t face a salmon vs halibut decision with your day on the water. The action for salmon and halibut is typically fast enough with the grounds close enough together that you’ll catch both each day fishing day, often with time to spare for sightseeing or chasing other bottomfish.
Our style of fishing is called mooching, a technique unique to saltwater salmon fishing on the Pacific coast. It’s hands-on – you hold your rod, you feel the bite, you hook the fish. Mooching is highly effective and lots more fun. We have decades of experience teaching anglers how to work their bait through the water column, sense that bite, hook the fish, and fight it! Unlike trolling, this is an angler-involved experience. When you land that big-one mooching, you’ll have the true sense of accomplishment knowing you did it all.
Highly Experienced Crew
We’ve been fishing the North Pacific for over 30 years. Our captains come through the ranks as deckhands before acquiring Coast Guard licensing and gaining our blessing to run a boat for AU. They pride themselves on delivering the fun, excitement and adventure that generates a loyal following year in and year out. Additionally, a great team of deckhands, hostesses, processor, and management is guaranteed.
Salmon & Halibut Fishing Charter Packages
Our Fishing Packages Include
- Full days of fishing with experienced, licensed captain and crew
- Lodging at our Sitka Rock Waterfront or Waterview Suites
- A rental car per party of four for those staying at the Sitka Rock Suites
- Breakfast in your room each fishing day.
- Hearty lunches and snacks on the boat each fishing day.
- Transportation to and from Sitka’s airport.
- Transportation between the hotel and boat.
- Top-quality boat, baits, and tackle.
- Rain gear and boots
- Highest quality fish processing: vacuum-sealed, flash-frozen, and boxed to airline specifications.