Our friendly crew will see to it that your Alaskan fishing vacation is as complete and seamless as possible. Join us, and you’ll see why 90% of our business is repeat or referral. Our guests expect nothing less than the best, and we deliver!
If you are looking for a first-class sport fishing business to guide you to the most productive feeding grounds in Southeast Alaska, we are here for you! Salmon and halibut charters in Sitka are our specialty.
Record King Salmon forecast for the 2014 season, including 2 Kings/day in May & June!
See the details in our 2014 Alaska Fishing Regulations blog post from Captain Tom Ohaus.
Here are two great ways to join us and take advantage of the great catch limits in May & June:
The pre-season forecast index for 2014 is a record high of 2.5. This means more fish than we have seen in almost 20 years!
Big Kings, Big Fish
The 2014 predictions also include a healthy cohort of 5-year old kings, which means plenty of mature and BIG fish!
2 Kings per Day
The early season will be great fishing with limits allowing 2 King Salmon per day in the months of May & June.
6 Kings Per Year
A season-long annual limit of up to 6 Kings this year!
Hook It and Cook It
Take advantage of the 2 Kings per day catch limit in May!
Join us for a week of fishing and the freshest gourmet seafood dinners you’ve ever had,
prepared by Chef Ludger Szmania of Szmania’s restaurant in Seattle.
Ludger Szmania returns in 2014 to once again display his dazzling cooking skills and multi-course fish dinners. On four successive, the great chef from Szmania’s Restaurant in Seattle will prepare appetizers and main courses from the fish caught that day. Expect spirited discussions between the chef and the students on fish cookery, fishing, politics, and life in general was commonplace. Great eating, great fun, and if you pay attention, you’ll return home with the skills to impress family and friends. A complete cookbook with all the recipes is included with your four day/five night package.
Here is the complete menu and recipes from Hook It & Cook It 2013.
Arrive: May 15, 2014
Depart: Evening May 19 or Morning May 20
Clients & Testimonials
Over 25 years of happy customers, great memories & delicious fish.
- What a great trip! Always amazed how every trip has some great surprise – this time we limited all three days by about 10 a.m. Amazing! Ryan was great and enjoyed the new deckhand, Derek, also. You treat us so well every time we come and I appreciate all the TLC by everyone.Darik Taniguchi
- Our trip was great as usual! We always have fun with Phil. We limited every day and were in early each day. In fact, we were the first boat in everyday! We had a lot of fun with Phil and John – such great guys. We fixed some very delicious king salmon one night for Phil and John. It was a big hit! It was another great trip with great weather and calm seas!Carolyn Rondthaler
- We had a great time. Fishing was so good I think Ben was running out of ideas of what to do with us, but that was a good problem. I even caught the biggest halibut at 65-70lbs. You already know Gene loves it, but I loved it too. The three days fishing was just the right amount of time.Mary Grommesch
- Thank you and your staff so much we all had a great time! You folks run a first class operation, from the time we got off the plane until we boarded to come home your staff was friendly, courteous, and ever so helpful. Captain DJ and deckhands Bryan and Alex were awesome. I’ve been fishing in Alaska several times and unfortunately felt like some captains sole goal was to get fish and get off the water, that was definitely not the case with DJ. Captain DJ and deckhands Bryan and Alex made every effort to ensure we had great fishing and enjoyed our trip. They gave us advice on techniques to catch fish, insured our bait was fresh, the equipment was functioning properly, netted or safely released our fish, prepared a great lunch, and cleaned the fish at the end of the day. You could tell they truly enjoyed their work. Fishing was impressive as over the five days we hooked many different species and boated our limit of kings, lingcod and yellow eye, with daily limits of silvers and halibut. The accommodations exceeded my expectations. The rooms were clean and comfortable with all the amenities of home. The ability to sit on the deck every evening and smell the salt water and enjoy the animals, passing boats and the landscape was amazing. The “Bacon Fairy” brought our room fresh bread, eggs, juice, coffee and bacon everyday for a hearty breakfast. Bringing our fresh catch to the room for dinner, allowed us to focus on the primary purpose of the trip – fishing, relaxing, and most importantly having fun and making memories. The “Tent Event” was a good opportunity to talk with staff and other anglers and use the van to tour town and surrounding area added to an already fabulous experience. I could go on, but I will stop for now and just say thank you all for the great trip and hope to see everyone next year!Tim Swant
- Our trip was wonderful and the entire family had a great time. Captain Tom was excellent and tailored the outings exactly to our request so that we didn’t have to worry about being seasick the first couple of days. My wife really enjoyed being on the boat and watching the kids fish, and my daughter (who was salmon fishing for the first time) caught more fish than both myself and my son on the day that they joined us. No bragging rights for the boys on this trip.Bill Helsley
- Our trip was absolutely the best. The number of fish we caught was amazing each day. I’ve never had a better time fishing. However, just as good was the way we were treated by your staff. From the young women that picked us up and helped around the resort to Captain Greg and Bo, everyone was so professional and helpful.Bruce Nixon
A Few Reasons to Fish with Angling Unlimited
Salmon & Halibut
We Love Sitka
Boats / Tackle
Meet Our Crew
Interested in a fishing trip with Angling Unlimited?
You can call us anytime at: 1-800-297-3380 or fill out our inquiry form below and we’ll have someone get in touch with you to answer any questions you may have.