Excellent King Salmon forecast for the 2015 season!
Strong winter numbers, strong returns, and a high abundance index are three positive reasons for the best saltwater king salmon fishing in the world.
Here are two great ways to join us and take advantage of the legendary king run:
The pre-season forecast index for 2015 is high. This means more fish than we see in a typical year!
Highest Catch Rates in Alaska
Sitka has the best saltwater salmon fishing in the world! No where has better catch rates, giving you the best opportunity to catch multiple kings.
Prime Dates Still Available
We still have openings available in the middle of June during the peak of the king run.
Hook It & Cook It
Join us for a week of fishing and the freshest gourmet seafood dinners you’ve ever had,
prepared by Chef Ludger Szmania of Szmania’s restaurant in Seattle.
Ludger Szmania returns in 2016 to once again display his dazzling cooking skills and multi-course fish dinners. On four successive days, the great chef from Szmania’s Restaurant in Seattle will prepare appetizers and main courses from the fish caught that day. Expect spirited discussions between the chef and the students on fish cookery, fishing, politics, and life. Great eating, great fun, and if you pay attention, you’ll return home with the skills to impress family and friends. A complete cookbook with all the recipes is included with your four day/five night package.
Here is the complete menu and recipes from Hook It & Cook It 2015.
Arrive: May 12, 2016
Depart: Evening May 16 or Morning May 17
Clients & Testimonials
Over 25 years of happy customers, great memories & delicious fish.
- We had a great trip. Limits of kings, halibut and rockfish all three days, and the silvers came on toward the end. Captain James and Ryan did a great job of getting us on fish and maintaining good humor on the boat (even in tough seas). Pat Tyrrell, WyomingPat Tyrrell
- Our trip was everything we hoped it would be. Sarah, James and Ross were outstanding and the rest of the crew friendly as well. Excellent trip and we will highly recommend Angling Unlimited. Janet Strauss, OregonJanet Strauss
- I had the best time imaginable with Angling Unlimited. All the dreams I had in fishing for Salmon in Alaska with my son (Tiger) came true, thanks to Angling Unlimited. We briefly met both owners, captain Chuck on the way out & captain Tom as we returned. Very real, kind & genuinely interested in our visit. Everyone else we came in contact with reflected the characteristics of Captain Chuck & Captain Tom. From the awesome captain of our boat, to his genuine ship mates, to Kim, Aleta, and Andrew who took my initial call and completely sold me on your company and kicked off my reservations, you are all rock stars in my book. As my only son grows older, I hope to repeat this trip with him to Alaska (& Angling Unlimited). Our visit was overwhelming gratifying. Please thank everyone in your company & remind the two wonderful owners of your company what a great job they have done in amassing such an amazing group of people at Angling Unlimited. I must have watched the video you have on your web site 20 times (with Tiger) before we got there. Looking back now, your video truly does describe what a fantastic group of people make up Angling Unlimited, and the personal attention to detail we received from the moment we arrived until the moment your team dropped my son & I off at our next stop in Sitka. Top shelf people & experience all the way! We will never forget this experience & I proudly still have some of the King Salmon caught in my freezer today. My family shared in feasting on the King Salmon on special occasions and describe it as a flavor of salmon they have never tasted before. I could not agree with them anymore. I hope to see you all again next year. You all are the best! Thanks again for an incredible experience from start to finish. Chas & Tiger Richardson, VirginiaChas & Tiger Richardson
- We were really blown away by the level of customer service we received. It was obvious that everyone at Angling Unlimited loves their job and genuinely cares about your clients. As a fellow small business owner, I know how difficult HR management can be. You have a group of people who truly seem to love working for you. I was incredibly impressed with Bryan. I'm sure it made his life more complicated having 3 deckhands in 3 days, but I could never tell. He just stayed amazingly focused at keeping our lines in the water and pulling up fish all day long. He's a great guy who clearly loves what he does. That's always fun to be around. I'd definitely want to fish with him again next year! Thanks again for a truly unique experience. Mitch Gordon, CaliforniaMitch Gordon
- I wanted to drop a quick line and say what a great trip we this weekend. I cannot imaging having more fun and a better overall experience. Your outfit is top notch and the service was unbelievable. Captain Bryan was amazing. I cannot imagine a better captain. He had us on fish constantly and kept things really fun, even when Mitch and I were vomiting over the sides with seasickness on day 1. He also had us fishing like experienced anglers after just a few hours. Bryan also seems to have a real knack at training the deckhands. We had a different deckhand each day, so we were able to see Bryan work with different levels of experience. He was always encouraging and coaching them in a positive manner. He corrected small mistakes without making anyone feel bad. Not surprising the deckhands seem to love him. Speaking of deckhands, Eric and Collin were especially awesome (and we liked Lucas as well). They really know their stuff and holy cow did we have fun with them out on the water. Just great guys. We hope that Eric is feeling better and back on the water soon. And finally the girls, especially our hostess, Annessa. They were all so thoughtful and nice the entire time - patiently answering our never-ending questions and generally making us feel welcome. You run a terrific operation. We'll be telling everyone we know about the amazing experience we just had. Rick Silvestrini, CaliforniaRick Silvestrini
- I want to pass on kudos for the great job that Captain Bryan and Deckhand Eric turned in on the good ship Loon during our recent fishing trip to Sitka from 6/12 through 6/14. Please make it known to the appropriate parties that the Loon was the envy of the entire Sitka fleet during our stay. Captain Bryan and Eric were first class the entire trip, did a great job of finding fish for our boat to land, were very professional, yet fostered a fun atmosphere and did everything they could to make sure we all had an enjoyable time. Chris Thomas, WashingtonChris Thomas
A Few Reasons to Fish with Angling Unlimited
Salmon & Halibut
We Love Sitka
Boats / Tackle
Meet Our Crew
Interested in a fishing trip with Angling Unlimited?
You can call us anytime at: 1-800-297-3380 or fill out our inquiry form below and we’ll have someone get in touch with you to answer any questions you may have.
The Angling Unlimited Blog & Free eBook!
Fishing Reports, Regulations, Delicious Recipes and Secrets to Fishing from Our Captains
- Accommodation Insight
- Things to do in Sitka
- What to Bring
- A typical fishing day
- Types of fish in Alaska