Sample Recipe from Hook It & Cook It 2016
4 ea 3 oz. Ling Cod Fillets
4 ea Roma Tomatoes, diced
4 T Garlic, chopped
2 T Onion, chopped
1 ½ C White Wine
3 T Olive Oil
8 oz Linguini (double amount if main course)
2 C Breadcrumbs
4 T Parsley, chopped
- In medium saucepan, heat olive oil, 2 T chopped garlic, onion; let brown lightly.
- Add tomatoes and white wine and let simmer for about 5 min. over low heat.
- Blend tomatoes fine with hand blender and season with salt & pepper
- Pre-cook pasta to al dente and let cool
- In large skillet, heat some olive oil and add pasta, breadcrumbs & garlic. Sauté until breadcrumbs are golden and season with salt, pepper & parsley.
- Season Ling Cod with salt & pepper
- Sear Ling Cod in hot pan with a little oil, about 3 minutes on each side
Spoon sauce on bottom of plate, place pasta on top and fish in center.
As an Executive Chef all over the world with Hilton Int’l and the Four Seasons Hotel properties, Ludger and his business partner wife, Julie, opened SZMANIA’S Restaurant in Seattle in 1990 to rave reviews and continued acclaim. After selling Szmania’s in 2014 and moving full-time to eastern Washington, they aim to bring that same level of exceptional service to their new venture, Warm Springs Inn & Winery, in Wenatchee.
Chef Ludger was born and raised near Dusseldorf. His professional education and apprenticeship began in Germany with Hilton International Hotels and continued to Montreal and San Juan Puerto Rico.
Ludger’s experience with the Four Seasons luxury hotel organization started in Vancouver, B.C. then on to Houston Inn At The Park and finally to Seattle’s Olympic Hotel as Executive Chef. Julie Szmania is a Seattle native and prior to opening the restaurant was a development director for the UW School of Medicine and executive director of the WA Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. She and Ludger have three accomplished college-age sons and share a beautiful daughter living in Vancouver, BC. They now reside in Wenatchee with many wild and crazy pets.
Check out Warm Springs Inn & Winery.
More From Hook It and Cook It
Your Package Includes (based on a group of four):
- Full days of fishing with experienced, licensed captain and crew
- Evening meals prepared by Chef Ludger Szmania
- Lodging at Sitka Rock Waterfront Suites
- Complimentary car
- Breakfast and lunch each fishing day
- Transportation to and from Sitka’s airport
- Transportation to and from your lodging to our boats
- Top quality tackle from Penn, Shimano and G.Loomis
- Rain gear and boats
- Highest quality fish processing: vacuum sealed, flash frozen, and boxed to airline specifications
- Up to two boxes included in price, additional flat rate charge of $50 for 25 pound box and $100 for 50 pound box
Your package doesn’t include…
- Airfare (Alaska Airlines & Delta)
- Sitka sales tax and Sitka fish box tax
- Alaska fishing license and King salmon stamp
- Checked baggage fee