The Freshest Fish You’ll Ever Eat!
Come join us in Sitka, Alaska for Angling Unlimited’s annual Hook It & Cook It. It’s 4 days of catching world-class Alaskan Salmon & Halibut, followed each evening by a dinner at our lodge where the daily catch is cooked right in front of you by our private Chef Ludger of Warm Springs Inn & Winery in Wenatchee.
Catch some fish, learn our Chef’s secrets and enjoy a culinary experience only Alaska can offer.
About Chef Ludger
As an Executive Chef all over the world with Hilton Int’l and the Four Seasons Hotel properties, Ludger and his business partner wife, Julie, opened SZMANIA’S Restaurant in Seattle in 1990 to rave reviews and continued acclaim. After selling Szmania’s in 2014 and moving full-time to eastern Washington, they aim to bring that same level of exceptional service to their new venture, Warm Springs Inn & Winery, in Wenatchee.
Chef Ludger was born and raised near Dusseldorf. His professional education and apprenticeship began in Germany with Hilton International Hotels and continued to Montreal and San Juan Puerto Rico.
Ludger’s experience with the Four Seasons luxury hotel organization started in Vancouver, B.C. then on to Houston Inn At The Park and finally to Seattle’s Olympic Hotel as Executive Chef. Julie Szmania is a Seattle native and prior to opening the restaurant was a development director for the UW School of Medicine and executive director of the WA Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. She and Ludger have three accomplished college-age sons and share a beautiful daughter living in Vancouver, BC. They now reside in Wenatchee with many wild and crazy pets.
Check out Warm Springs Inn & Winery.
Your Package Includes (based on a group of four):
- Full days of fishing with experienced, licensed captain and crew
- Evening meals prepared by Chef Ludger Szmania
- Lodging at Sitka Rock Waterfront Suites
- Complimentary car
- Breakfast and lunch each fishing day
- Transportation to and from Sitka’s airport
- Transportation to and from your lodging to our boats
- Top quality tackle from Penn, Shimano and G.Loomis
- Rain gear and boots
- Highest quality fish processing: vacuum sealed, flash frozen, and boxed to airline specifications
- Up to two boxes included in price, additional flat rate charge of $50 for 25 pound box and $100 for 50 pound box
Your package doesn’t include…
- Airfare (Alaska Airlines & Delta)
- Sitka sales tax and Sitka fish box tax (listed as separate charge on your invoice)
- Alaska fishing license and King salmon stamp (listed as separate charge on your invoice)
- Checked baggage fee
We were fortunate enough to enjoy the annual “Hook It and Cook It” event with Chef Ludger Szmania. After a long day of fishing we enjoyed four absolutely awesome evening dinners. Chef Ludger not only is a fabulous chef, but a joy to get to know! As we watched him prepare these phenomenal dinners right before us, he entertained us with his great humor! Thank you Chef Ludger!
Carol, Jon, & Troy Fink
Dates: May 16-21, 2021
Arrive May 16, fish May 17-20, depart May 21
Interested in joining us for Hook it & Cook it 2021?
Enter your information below and we’ll get back to you with all the details and answer any questions you may have.