IMPORTANT UPDATE: This event has been canceled for 2020 due to Alaska state regulations. Guests will still be able to fish during Reel Meal dates (as of April 24, 2020), but there will be no Reel Meal event or meals provided. Learn more here.
What’s left after the fishing ends? The fish, of course.
Sitka in early June is prime time for king salmon, halibut, lingcod and rockfish. Following the fishing fun, enjoy each evening with a wonderfully delicious meal combining the catch of the day with the culinary skills of former deckhand turned wine connoisseur and foodie, Matt Kachel.
Matt worked as deckhand for AU from 2008 thru 2010 and developed a nose for fresh, delicious seafood. In the years that followed he became an avid home chef with a special affinity for salmon, halibut, and other Alaska species.
His plan for the Reel Meal special? Provide the guests with delicious, uncomplicated fish dishes that you can replicate with the catch you bring home. What you learn will ensure that your experience with Angling Unlimited lasts long after you depart Sitka. You arrive home with your perfectly processed catch and the skills to prepare it that will impress friends and family.
Matt’s passion for food preparation rises from his view that sharing good food and wine brings people from all backgrounds and communities together. Today’s world is full of complications and burdens. Fishing, Food, Family and Friends lighten our load when enjoyed and celebrated!
Join us for the fishing, then enjoy the freshest seafood this world has to offer. Leave with lifelong memories and recipes that impress your friends and family!
Take some time for a good time.
Available for parties fishing May 31 – June 2 and June 4 – 6
What’s the cost?
The evening events with Matt are completely FREE.
3 days fishing / 4 nights lodging……………………. $2495
4 days fishing / 5 nights lodging……………………. $3120
5 days fishing / 6 nights lodging……………………. $3545
Interested in joining us for Reel Meal?
Enter your information below and we’ll get back to you with all the details and answer any questions you may have. Or you can give us a call at (800) 297-3380!
Your Package Includes (based on a group of four):
- Full days of fishing with experienced, licensed captain and crew
- Lodging at Sitka Rock Waterfront Suites
- Complimentary car
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner each fishing day
- Transportation to and from Sitka’s airport
- Transportation to and from your lodging to our boats
- Top quality tackle from Penn, Shimano and G.Loomis
- Rain gear and boots
- Highest quality fish processing: vacuum sealed, flash frozen, and boxed to airline specifications
- Up to two boxes included in price, additional flat rate charge of $50 for 25 pound box and $100 for 50 pound box
Your package doesn’t include…
- Airfare (Alaska Airlines)
- Sitka sales tax and Sitka fish box tax (listed as separate charge on your invoice)
- Alaska fishing license and King salmon stamp (listed as separate charge on your invoice)
- Checked baggage fee
Reservation and Cancellation Policy
We are collecting $200 all summer per person to secure your boat, then first 50% due by October 10 and remaining balance due 90 days prior to the first day arrival in Sitka.
If booking your trip after October 10 then we’ll collect 50% right away and remaining balance due 90 days prior to the first day of arrival in Sitka.
In case of cancellation, your deposit, less 10% will be refunded. No refunds can be given for cancellations within 90 days of your trip, unless we are able to fill your canceled dates.